Office for Clinical Trials Training
The Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation (MMRF) established the Clinical Trials Training Office (CTTO) in October, 2002. Its purpose is to provide a centralized office for the guidance and facilitation of the clinical research process. All MMRF and Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) clinical researchers and their staff are welcomed and encouraged to use the resources the CTTO provides. There is no charge as MMRF continues to honor its commitment to ethical research practices and the protection of subjects who consent to participate.
Resources for Researchers:
Clinical Research Forms and Policies (including SOPs)
Services of the Clinical Trials Training Office
Services of the CTTO provides are multifaceted and can vary with the specific request of the investigator or staff. Examples of provided services include:
- Training for newly hired staff
- Continuing education for established staff
- Certification (ACRP and SoCRA) preparation classes
- Guest speakers for continuing education in the research process
- Work with staff on a variety of clinical research issues including protocol development and management, research ethics, study cost analysis, and budget development
- Research staff management coaching
- Consult with staff to identify general and study-specific obligations for successfully carrying out a research project
- Facilitate preparation for federal, sponsor, or internal audits
- Assist with electronic literature searches, manuscript preparation, IND/IDE application preparations
- Act as a liaison for external sponsors
- Maintain investigative and non-investigative ListServs for exploring and resolving research questions or impediments and dissemination of information relevant to global, national, and local clinical research
- Maintain a lending library of research books, articles, and electronic information
In addition to serving investigators and staff, the CTTO is spearheading the campus effort to become accredited by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs, Inc (AAHRPP).
The CTTO is dedicated to meeet the needs of MMRF and HCMC clinical researchers and their staff. Its commitment to research allows the CTTO to provide investigators with the support and training needed to be leaders in clinical research.
Carla A. Erickson, RN, MS, CCRP is the Director of the Clinical Trials Training Office. She may be contacted at 612 347 5967 or by email at email@example.com.